Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Won, I Won, I Won!


Shannon over at 8foot6, one of the blogs that i really enjoy following has awarded me with a Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks Shannon!

The way it works is i write 7 things about myself and then pass on the award to 15 other bloggers. So here goes:

1. My daughter just turned 1 today and we have a new baby on the way!

2. My real name is Kyle and I'm 36.

3. This month I celebrated my wedding anniversary, Thanksgiving, my wife's birthday and my daughter's first birthday. All events that reminded me of what an incredible life I have.

4. I grew up really poor, and consequently didn't have much throughout my school years. As i got older, i kept a mental wish list of things i wanted, some practical (e.g. nice house in the city), some absurd (e.g. really cool espresso machine). Much of what i blog about are things that have sat on that wish list for a VERY long time, and are now actually being fulfilled. So never under-estimate the power of dreaming.

5. I've been working in some form or another since i was 11 years old.


6. I work as a Derivatives Analyst. While it's interesting, challenging and satisfying work, I'm counting the days until I have the freedom to retire and do something i love.

7. I often find that i have Stars songs stuck my head.

Over to you:

5 comments:

Designwali said...

congrats kyle! well deserved, you have a terrific blog and I'm super impressed with your DIY skills! thanks for introducing me to some great links!

Shannon said...

Whoo hoo Kyle!!!!


Derivatives....and you can craft furniture? What an eccentric mix!!!!!

kitchen envy said...

Way to go Kyle!
Another thing about you - We couldn't have wished for a better husband for our sister!

threeacres said...

Wow Kyle I'm flattered thanks! I've never won a blog award before. Now I just have to come up with some good responses.

S and N said...

Gee, Kyle. Thank you. I think we'd be more deserving of a neglected blog award. I'd be hard pressed to name 15 blogs that might stumble upon their names on my blog, but perhaps...one day.
You are definitely deserving of the award.
Congratulations on your realized goals and expanding family.