Thursday, February 24, 2011

Little Things That Make Me Smile

Many local merchants, like Mitzi’s, use their walls to showcase the work of local artists. We love this as we get to see all kinds of photography, sculpture, oils and the like that we would otherwise not have known about. In a recent trip to Cherry Bomb, one of our favourite go-to coffee merchants, we were greeted with posters with simple sayings like “Happy Day”, “I Love You”, “Wake Up” and "Drink More Coffee". None of them were fancy, but all of them made my wife and I smile.

To my surprise, my wife ordered two for Valentine’s Day, one for me, and one for our daughter. Turns out the artist is Annie Morrison who works at another local merchant, Frock. Annie's prints are silk screened by hand using coffee as ink.Now every morning, while I’m making our coffee, I’m lucky to have “I Love You” prominently displayed on our kitchen wall, while my daughter wakes up to “Happy Day". They say it's the little things......

1 comment:

Meagan, in house nester said...

Cute!
Meagan
the row house nest
www.rowhousenest.com